Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When boredom strikes...

I do random things like this at work if I'm all caught up and extremely bored.

MASTER BEDROOM (click to enlarge)

I know there are some people that are all "eww, a matching set?" when it comes to furniture of any kind. In some instances, though, I don't mind it... Especially when the furniture I've chosen has a wood finish since I'm not really a fan of mixing wood tones. Hell, I don't even like that my couch has dark-stained legs while the rest of my living room furtinure is mission-style oak, LOL. When we first bought the furniture for our bedroom, it was only the bedset and nightstand. We were picking up our new couch a few weeks later and the store was going out of business. We were just browsing while they were loading the truck (Andy's grandfathers both have trucks for us to borrow, yay!) and they had the display armoire marked down to about 30% of the original price. There wasn't a knick or scratch on it so we had them put it in the truck too! Anyone with a true vintage bungalow (I'm talking not a new construction built to look like a vintage one), knows that the closets are almost non-existant. The armoire is sooo nice for the storage we were previously lacking!

The one thing I'd like to change about the master bedroom, eventually, is the carpet. Unfortunately, unlike most of the house, there's no hardwood underneath it. And when I say most of the house, I mean it -- the living room, kitchen, dining room, hallways and guest room all had the original hardwood!

GUEST ROOM (click to enlarge)

This is more of an "I wish" board than an "I have" board considering that, other than the paint, I only have three things from it, LOL. I posted a few months ago about wanting to get a cream bedset but I was browsing online and became only slightly obsessed with iron beds. I found the one above and fell in LOVE! I figured I wouldn't have to match the nightstand to the bedset and stumbled upon the lively green nesting tables above. They'd be a great contrast against the teal walls with cream trim AND they'd pull in the bits of green in the bedding. Sold! And how great is that rug? Thanks, Target, for having some cute and affordable options!


Remember this post? I talked about Craftsman colors and gave a little grid of the colors in my house? Compare row two there with row two here. I've talked a lot about repainting my dining room (which I still haven't started, by the way... So glad they let us push the pick up date for our set out by a week.) but I'm certain I haven't mentioned repainting my hallway. It hasn't happened yet, but will soon. Anyone who knows me is well aware that I'm browsing art pretty much all the time... I came across this whimsical print:


And, like anything else, decided I needed it. My hallway paint was based on vintage garden magazine covers. I'm not really a floral person. They were pretty and on sale so I ordered them. It's been three years and now I want to change it up, lol. I'm the painter so why not?! I just need to find a few other corresponding prints and the hallway will be added to my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment