Monday, March 21, 2011

Craftsman Color

I did a lot of research about Craftsman homes shortly after we moved in to our dreamy bungalow in 2007, and the one thing I really noticed is the fearless use of color. If it's found in nature, it's fair game to go on the walls and I LOVE that! I knew I was going to have a lot of fun picking paint colors and decorating. I actually had made a little chart before we even started THINKING about finding a house of what I'd want to paint the rooms... That went out the window once we bought our house. I really wanted to fit my colors and decor to the Arts & Crafts design of our bungalow.

The other day, I was bored at work (shh!) and browsing "Craftsman decor" on Google (shh!!) and came across these drawings. They made me smile because the colors you see in them are the colors that I chose for my house four years ago.





I made a little chart of all of the colors on the main floor of our house. Eventually I'll do another for the basement but the only thing that's painted down there is the half bath and that's a light, buttery yellow color. I kinda-sorta told Andy he could do whatever he wanted to the basement but I have a feeling I'll get bossy and decide paint colors and flooring down there too, LOL. It's just my nature. ;)


Of course, who is to say I won't change my mind on one of these in a few months and decide to change it up? Especially now that I can cut in without having to tape all of the moldings/trim/beadboard off! The only room I could possibly see myself changing the color for (right now, anyway!) is the dining room. I like it but I kind of feel like red dining rooms are everywhere! Do I know what I'd want to paint it? Nope. But we'll see. It'd be easy while it's empty and waiting for the new dining room set, eh? Tempting. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment