Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tidbits

- I'll readily admit that ever since I quit playing soccer in high school, my workout regimen has been umm, lacking and inconsistent -- to say the least! I've had a hard time trying to find something that gives me a good workout while still being something I enjoy. It's tricky! I'm not a runner. I'm not a weightlifter. I'm not a "spend my money on a gym membership" person. My sister in law has been doing Pure Barre and the results she's had blows my mind! Like I said, though, I'm not about to spend money on a membership anywhere and there are pretty much NO work out videos out there. There are two set to release next month but I wanted to start working out right away. I started browsing for something similar and came across this:


Let me say this: I am on day 2 and it's already kicking my ass. Its main focus is, of course, barre based exercise but there are also specific workouts for the upper body and core. I am not flying all over the place like Zumba or some dance aerobics class when I use this DVD, but I find myself working up a sweat quickly! It really pushes you to extend and use specific repetition to tone muscle. And there are times that I'm all "No, Andrea Rogers, I really DON'T want to stand on my tippy toes and do squats." But she's all "Come on, reach! You've got this!" And so then I'm all "YAY, I'M STRONG!"


I kind of love that the one frame from the video I've been able to find is of them on their tippy toes. I really want to hate it so much but I actually really enjoy it! When Erin said that she had fun doing barre workouts, it was a "girl you crazy!" moment for me. But she's right! It's actually fun!

- Toning up means I'll look fab in the bridesmaid dress I'll be wearing this October! It took us a few hours to narrow it down. I couldn't believe how many options the associate kept pulling for us! We finally got it down to our three favorites, then all of us tried them on to decide on the winner. For some reason, the Alfred Angelo website makes the color options a lot brighter than they are in person. The dress will be in a dark apple red color. It also had a halter strap that we're removing, so I photoshopped it out of the picture. LOL.


- On Wednesday I celebrated four weeks of vegetarianism! I feel like I'm really starting to get into the groove of veggie meals. I've been experimenting and it's getting easier. It's so, so strange for me to admit that I don't miss meat WHATSOEVER! 

- I need to whine for a second. I've done absolutely NO painting in our dining room and so I had Andy push out our pick up date of the dining room set by a week because I must, must, must paint before any of that gorgeous oak makes it into our dining room. I should really not be so lazy about it. Wah.

- For a few months, I've been brewing Henry's Blend from Seattle's Best. I ran out last week and have not been able to find it anywhere around here! I finally gave up and decided to try Java Love, blended by the Organic Coffee Co. and it is amazing! Not only does it taste delicious, but it's organic AND fair trade!


- Last summer, I decided I really wanted a cruiser bike... And just like anything else that I decide I want, I then decide I need it and obsess about it until I either get it or find something else I decide I want (LOL). In this instance, I moved on... Until today. I am now obsessed with the fact that I need a cruiser bike. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment