Tuesday, March 8, 2011

365: 3/8/2011

DAY 67: Happy Birthday, Mama.

I couldn't decide on just one picture for today, so I thought I'd throw in a couple from the little get together at work for my mom's big 5-0. My step-dad had this cake made for my mom -- half chocolate, half vanilla and covered in chocolate frosting. It was AMAZING. He had to include "congrats" on the cake somewhere, it's now a family tradition, LOL. To sum it up, my brother made a cake to take to his work for one of his coworker's birthdays and my mom didn't know that... She thought he had made it for himself to celebrate getting accepted to Kettering. As a surprise, she piped "Congrats Ron!" on it. He was totally confused and every birthday cake from then on has had "Congrats _____!" on it, hahaha.


After everybody had eaten enough pizza that my mom brought in for everyone even though it was her birthday (don't ask me because I don't get it either!), my mom cut her cake... In HUGE slices that no one could finish.


The last bites of my piece. Minus almost all of the frosting because I asked my mom if she wanted the rest. She said sure and then ate the frosting off of it, LOL. Her favorite part of any cake is the frosting.


I just thought this would be a neat picture. How stinking cute is my mom?!


She'll kill me for this, but I had to throw it in for good measure. I was happily snapping away and I turned and pointed the camera at my mom. This is her in the middle of saying "YIYA LEIGH, YOU BETTER PUT THAT CAMERA DOWN!!!"

You'll never know another person on this Earth like my mother. Once you meet her, you never forget her. She has the biggest heart out of anyone I've ever known. She makes me laugh, she makes me think, she makes me a better person and I love her more than anyone could possibly ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment