Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bad, Bad Blogger

I have been a bad blogger, it's true! Have I been posting lately? Yes. Has it been much more than my 365 pictures? No. I've been busy planning and working on household projects and to be honest, I haven't touched my computer much when I've been home! While I'm still doing stuff around the house, I figured I need to at least update my blog with what's been going on! So, have some tidbits:

- My lack of posts stem mostly from the fact that I'm re-doing my bathroom from top to bottom... And when I say top to bottom, that is sooo literal it's almost not even funny.  Other than the toilet, sink and tub, the only thing staying is the mirror and that's only because it has beveled edges and goes with everything, LOL. I've spent the last week painting every inch of the bathroom. The walls have gone from tan to dark gray. The wainscoting, cabinets, doors, trim, ceiling and beams have all been painted bright white (they were all previously off white). Next up is installing all of the new hardware, putting the light fixture up (same one, because I love it so much, but I got some of that spray paint that replicates brushed nickel and changed it up from oil rubbed bronze since all of our new hardware is brushed nickel) and hanging the new art. But before all that? Putting in new flooring. I'm so looking forward to being done!

- Before I started in the bathroom, I completed my quest for new living room curtains. It doesn't seem that hard but ya know what? I'm PICKY! We had pale green, pale red, gold and brown checked curtains for out here but I have so much artwork that I decided I wanted one, solid color for the curtains. Rust red. I seriously had to trek all over mid-Michigan to find some! And when I finally did, it was at Marshall's of all places! But they're perfect and had matching valances so my heart is happy and my living room windows are complete!

- Andy started a new job this month! His background is in IT and he's been trying and trying to get something in that field ever since he volunteered as a power user when he first started working for Dow. He finally interviewed for an in-house Network Technician position on a Tuesday, was called in for a second interview two days later and then was called and offered the job an hour after his second interview! He was really excited, especially since the company he now works for has contracts with major corporations like GM, Target, Blockbuster, etc. and he gets to play with their networks all day.

- Once the bathroom is finished I plan on finally swapping our bedrooms. We're currently in the bedroom toward the back of the house and I want to move into the guest room we have toward the front of the house. We have a Craftsman bungalow from the 40's and the bedrooms are the same size, so it doesn't matter which one is the "master." We've got to repaint the rooms though. :( The new master bedroom will be the same pale red we've had to go with all of our existing stuff in the current master, but I got all new bedding for the guest room when we upgraded the mattress set in there from a full to a queen and so we'll be painting the new guest room a dark teal color to tie together all of the new bedding!

- The search that I'm ashamed to admit has continued? My hunt for the perfect dining room set. I've spent about three years hemming and hawing over what I want. I think, though, that I've found *the one.* I won't say anything more until it's for sure... But I think after this week we'll own it and I'll be in love with it. And THEN I will share my love with the blogging world. ;)

I told you my life has revolved around house stuff lately. One little snippet about Andy and the rest is all home decor. Yikes. More not so boring stuff later!

No comments:

Post a Comment